Previous Students Portfolio Images
A professional portfolio is so important
Here at the Institute
Their work shows....
Our students practicing and perfecting skills
of their hard work
images are the result
We provide the tools for success...
Lorraine was a fantastic student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and never let an opportunity to pass her by.
Lorraine has since started a very successful career in the makeup Industry, working on Miss University 2012 and 2013, numerous fashion shows as well as having her work published in some top papers and magazines. She has also been honored to have worked on a TV ad campaign and in theatre in Dublin. Lorraine also work with photographic makeup for photo shoots and teaches workshops.
We believe Lorraine is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist.
To view more samples of Lorraine's work please click here to visit Lorraine's Facebook page
Makeup Course Schedule
Attendance: Monday to Thursday - 10:00-15:00, From October to May. Please read on for more information....
You will complete an assignment in September to prepare for this full-time makeup course. Tuition will start on the last Monday in September. When you must present your assignment. This work is to set the tone for the rest of the academic year and allow you to complete the course with a web presence.
Tuition completes on the last Thursday in May. You will also carry out your portfolio photo shoot in May. It is done at the college. We have a professional studio in-house and an internationally published photographer to take the shots.
You will then carry out work experience in June-August. The examination is in August. If are going to book holidays, just make sure it is not at the end of August.
Makeup Qualification: ITEC Level 3 Fashion, Theatre and Media Makeup Diploma. The highest makeup qualification awarded by ITEC. Plus:
- MKF Institute Beauty Competence Certificate
- MKF Institute Hair Styling and Hair Extensions Certificate
- MKF Institute Digital Photography and Social Media Certificate
- MKF Institute Introduction to Lecturing Certificate
€5,549 OFFER THIS MONTH: €4439.20. The full-time makeup course fee is Payable in full or via monthly standing order instalments as follows: Registration €800 + 12 Standing Order Monthly instalments of €395.75 (Starting in September of the year you start your course)
Kits, Portfolio Photo-shoot, ITEC Exams, as listed in this page.
Maximum Number of Students per Class: 15
- Beauty therapy: beauty routine, double cleanse, the Skin, muscles of the face, neck and shoulders, contraindications, skin diseases and disorders, skin types and condition
- Basic makeup techniques: pre-base, base, blending, contouring, highlighting...
- Corrective make-up
- Eye makeup including smokey eyes
- Glossy looks
- False eye lashes
- Make up for mature skin
- Special occasion makeup
- Professional day looks
- Airbrushing makeup
- Photographic makeup basics
- Fashion makeup basics
- Character makeup for stage
- Stage make-up basics
- Glossy makeup for photography
- Portfolio preparation
- High fashion makeup
- High fashion bridal looks
- Light and colour theory
- Period and historical makeup
- Ethnic makeup - Geisha, Arabic, Indian
- Makeup for different era (1920s-1990s)
- Avant garde makeup
- Fantasy Make-up
- Black white and colour photography makeup
- Media and Special Effects makeup
- Character make-up using special effects
- TV/Media Continuity and coordination with wardrobe and prop departments
- Special effects Ageing using latex
- using components and prosthetic pieces
- Bald caps
- Mounting work
- Working with wigs
- Working with crepe hair
- Creating Bruises, cuts, burns, scars and bullet holes
- Re-creating skin disease and disorders
- Frost , casualty and death effect
- Make up for television and media
- Face and body painting
- Red/dark lips
- Bridal make-up
- Makeup hygiene
- Face charts and mood boards
- Customer care
The programme includes €2,700 worth of Free Modules
- Hair styling module (Worth €250)
- Lecturing module (Worth €1200, covering syllabus from the lecturing Diploma)
- Manicure and nail art module(Worth €200)
- Hair extensions module (Worth €350)
- Digital photography and media module (worth €250)
MKF Institute Hair extension & Styling Certificate:
Note: Students must bring their own hair styling equipment such as hairdryer and GHD/curler for hair classes. Course fee includes all materials students require for the hair extension Module. Models pay for their own hair. Models can be sourced by the student or by the college.
- Micro Beads Hair Extension including: Hair types, Client consultation, Hygiene, Colour match, Application techniques, Maintenance, After care, Blending, cutting and styling of the hair extensions, Removing of the hair extensions, adding volume and length, costumer care
- Hair Styling
MKF Institute Beauty Competence Certificate:
- Manicure and nail art
- Spray tanning
MKF Institute Digital Photography & Media Certificate:
Please note: You will require a digital camera and a laptop for this module.
- Introduction to digital photography
- Airbrushing and photo manipulation
- Media and social media
MKF Institute Introduction to lecturing Certificate:
- Learning and teaching techniques
- Teaching tools
- Teaching work experience (subject to interview process)
Study, apply yourself - your dream career is within your reach
Your tools and Kits...
The kits you will require (you purchase from the college before you start your course):
- Makeup Kit from Inglot €280
- Professional Make-up Brushes €180
- Beauty Therapy Tunic: €45
To be paid to the college at week 5 of your course:
- Special Effects kit €280
- ITEC Examination €250
To be paid to the college at week 10 of your course:
- Professional 35 looks Portfolio Photo Shoot €450
Enrol for the Course
- You can also enrol by calling us on 01 677 9553 or by popping to the MKF Institute - 36 Dame Street, Dublin 2 (opposite the Central Bank).
- Once we have received your payment we will e-mail you the registration forms to allow you to complete the enrolment process.
- Please note we will contact you for an informal interview to ensure the course is suitable for you
Have questions or would like to talk to one of our student coordinators before you enrol?
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner