Hands on Photography Course: Including Studio Practical and Landscape Trip
Learn how to take great shots the easy way
This photography course was designed to be enjoyable and yet extremely focused.
Theory is covered in plain English and only to the extent in which you need to know the concepts The aim of the workshop is to allow students to learn more about the features provided by their cameras and common to all, to understand the concepts that affect the quality of the photos they take and to learn practical techniques from our highly experienced tutor.
The workshop includes field trips for landscape photography as well as studio work at our professional photo studio located in the premises.
- Digital Photography intro: basic concepts that affect the quality of your images
- Using your camera
- Portraits - how to photograph people
- Landscape - how to photograph 'things'
- Digital black and white photography
- Image compression
- Photo printing
- Your camera and light
- Lighting techniques
- Studio techniques
- Studio equipment practical introduction
- Practical portrait photo shoot
- Practical landscape photography field trip (local area)
Attendance: 4 consecutive Tuesdays 6-9pm
Days/times: A new course starts in February, April, September and November. Please contact us for dates/avaialability. All classes 6-9pm
What you will need to study this course:
- Your digital SLR CAMERA. If you have a compact camera please check your manual (or Google the camera model) to make sure you can set the camera to fully manual mode. Any camera that can be set to fully manual is suitable. Note you can undertake the workshop with a camera that cannot be manually set. The photography concepts applies regardless, but the limitation in that case is you will not be able to change settings in the camera during the practical work
- A tripod (the tutor will tell you when you require the tripod)
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Your class notes (sent to you upon registration)
- To submit your practical assignments for tutor feedback
Your tutor will cover assignments with you on your first day.
What other students have said about the course...
Laura Horde said about the workshop: A course I highly recommend.The best and most enjoyable course I have done in years Excited to discover all my camera can do and looking forward to capturing impressive photos in the future.
Alessandra Silva said about the workshop: I truly recommend MKF institute (Introduction to digital photography workshop) to everybody. They do have great tutors that can make your course an enjoyable, learning experience
Reserve your place for the course today
This course is highly practical, including field trips & studio work
With over 500 testimonials in relation to this course and having students recommending the course to their family and friends, we believe it could probably be the best short digital photography course in Dublin. You can expect tutoring excellence when you study with us. Our photography tutor is a highly experienced and internationally published. Our course notes are highly comprehensive and detailed.
Request a Brochure or a call back
Learn from the best
If you want to learn photography, contact us today and we will send you more information detailing next course dates.
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner