Course Start 23rd November 2015. Reserve your place today paying only €675 (instead of €1,100)
- Gain a Real Internationally Recognised Qualification
- One off Offer - 35% off
- Learn from a Highly Experienced ITEC Lecturer
- You will Get more out of your course via the small class sizes we offer
- You will finish your course with Work experience and a CV
- You will also be given the chance of attaining paid work experience teaching non-professional workshops with us in the Summer
- You complete your course with a stunning Portfolio, all arranged by the college
Join the Many others that have started their Successful Careers with the MKF Institute
Achieve your Goals...
Lorraine was a fantastic student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and never let an opportunity to pass her by.
Lorraine has since started a very successful career in the makeup Industry, working on Miss University 2012 and 2013, numerous fashion shows as well as having her work published in some top papers and magazines. She has also been honored to have worked on a TV ad campaign and in theatre in Dublin. Lorraine also work with photographic makeup for photo shoots and teaches workshops.
We believe Lorraine is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist. To view more samples of Lorraine's work please click here to visit Lorraine's Facebook page
Dare to Dream...
Jessica was a great student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and grabbed opportunities.
During her portfolio work, Jessica worked with the Fashion photographer arranged by the college - Kip Carroll, whom was impressed by her work. The big image at the top of this page is in fact one of Jessica's portfolio images, taken by Kip Carroll.
With her ambition and dedication Jessica was bound to achieve success. She has since established a name in the makeup Industry and works for MAC Cosmetics.
It was a pleasure sharing Jessica's journey as she gained her qualification with us.
You will Gain An Internationally Recognsed Makeup Qualification Awarded by ITEC: Creativity within a structured environment
We believe a makeup classroom is a hub of creative minds but it must also offer students the structured delivered of set syllabus and exams. For that reason we only offer real makeup qualifications, awarded by the International Awarding Body ITEC. So what is ITEC? ITEC stands for International Therapy Examination Council and have been in existence since 1947.
ITEC is an examination body, registered with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA), and their qualifications are recognised internationally. The benefits of having an ITEC qualification are numerous. First of all, the qualification is recognised not just in Ireland but in 36 countries in all. Further, if the global regulation trend provides a good indicator, we expect the beauty and makeup Industry in Ireland to become regulated in the near future. This will enforce licensing of professionals and the requirement for awarded qualifications. It could mean that people that do not have a recognized qualification might no longer be able to work in the Industry.
The Makeup Industry Is Flexible. Some areas of interest...
- Cosmetic sales
- Makeovers at home or visiting customers
- MHen parties and makeup parties
- Makeup teaching
- You can become the makeup artist for a politician
- Work in a beauty salon offering makeup application
- Open your own makeup studio
- Or even start your own cosmetic brand from home
Join the Makeup Artistry Industry - Your new career within your reach
You will Study 1 evening per Week for 20 weeks, accomodating other commitments
Here at the MKF Institute, we make it easier for you to finance your studies and maintain your other commitments. By studying one evening per week you have the rest of the week to dedicate to your current family/work commitments. We also facilitate easy pay instalments.
- Course Attendance: Mondays 19:00 - 22:00 from 23rd November 2015 to 25th April 2016 (no class bank holidays. Note: Last class before Christmas 2015: on 21st December. College re-opens: 4th January 2016)
- Qualification: ITEC Level 2 (equivalent to FETAC level 5) Certificate in Makeup
- Course fee:
€1,100Flah Sale Price €675 (35% Off)
- Mocks to prepare you for exams: The last day of your course
- Portfolio completion: You will complete your 5 looks photo shoot at the MKF Institute's studio the Saturday of the last week of the course
- Exams: You will sit a multiple choice theory exam and carry out a double cleanse and day look as your practical examination. Your tutor will give you examination date at the start of the course
Makeup Course Syllabus
- Beauty therapy: beauty routine, double cleanse, the Skin, muscles of the face, neck and shoulders, contraindications, skin diseases and disorders, skin types and condition
- Basic makeup techniques: pre-base, base, blending, countouring, highlighting
- Corrective make-up
- Eye makeup including smokey eyes
- Glossy looks
- False eye lashes
- Make up for mature skin
- Special occasion makeup
- Professional day looks
- Introduction to photographic makeup
- Red/dark lips
- Bridal make-up
- Makeup hygiene
- Face charts and mood boards
- Customer care
Kits you will need to purchase from the college for your course:
The kits you will require (you purchase from the college before you start your course):
- Makeup Kit from the Makeup Atelier €360
- Professional Make-up brushes €140
Others costs (to be paid to the college at week 5 of your course):
- Professional Portfolio Photo shoot (5 looks) €200
- ITEC Examination €150
Your chance to start a Career in the Makeup Industry
Places allocated first come first served. Only few places left. Reserve yours today!
Have a Query? Contact us to request a Brochure, a call back or to sit in a class...
If you would like expert advise in regards to the course that best suits your career goals please fill in the details below and submit it to us
Visit the college
- You can also request to visit the college to talk to an expert or to sit in a class.Sitting in a class is highly recommended as it gives you a chance to see the course in action, talk to the ITEC course tutor and to our current students.Just let us know if you would like to visit the MKF Institute and we will arrange the appointment with you
Studying with the MKF Institute means having everything you need arranged for you, including having your portfolio photo shoot carried by our professional photo studio, buying your kits from the college and availing of work experienced arranged by the college.
Take the first step towards your dream career - Contact us today
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner