Limited Offer. Only Pay for your Kits to Secure your Place. Start Paying your course fee next month!
- Gain a Real Internationally Recognised Qualification
- Pay your Course Fees via Instalments starting next month
- Reserve your place paying only for your makeup and brush kits today
- Learn from a Highly Experienced ITEC Lecturer
- You will Get more out of your course via the small class sizes we offer
- You will finish your course with Work experience and a CV
- You will also be given the chance of attaining paid work experience teaching non-professional workshops with us in the Summer
- You also complete your course with a stunning Portfolio, all arranged by the college
Join the Many others that have started their Successful Careers with the MKF Institute
Achieve your Goals...
Lorraine was a fantastic student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and never let an opportunity to pass her by.
Lorraine has since started a very successful career in the makeup Industry, working on Miss University 2012 and 2013, numerous fashion shows as well as having her work published in some top papers and magazines. She has also been honored to have worked on a TV ad campaign and in theatre in Dublin. Lorraine also work with photographic makeup for photo shoots and teaches workshops.
We believe Lorraine is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist. To view more samples of Lorraine's work please click here to visit Lorraine's Facebook page
Dare to Dream...
Jessica was a great student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and grabbed opportunities.
During her portfolio work, Jessica worked with the Fashion photographer arranged by the college - Kip Carroll, whom was impressed by her work. The big image at the top of this page is in fact one of Jessica's portfolio images, taken by Kip Carroll.
With her ambition and dedication Jessica was bound to achieve success. She has since established a name in the makeup Industry and works for MAC Cosmetics.
It was a pleasure sharing Jessica's journey as she gained her qualification with us.
You will Gain The Highest Makeup Qualification Awarded by ITEC: Creativity within a structured environment
We believe a makeup classroom is a hub of creative minds but it must also offer students the structured delivered of set syllabus and exams. For that reason we only offer real makeup qualifications, awarded by the International Awarding Body ITEC. So what is ITEC? ITEC stands for International Therapy Examination Council and have been in existence since 1947.
ITEC is an examination body, registered with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA), and their qualifications are recognised internationally. The benefits of having an ITEC qualification are numerous. First of all, the qualification is recognised not just in Ireland but in 36 countries in all. Further, if the global regulation trend provides a good indicator, we expect the beauty and makeup Industry in Ireland to become regulated in the near future. This will enforce licensing of professionals and the requirement for awarded qualifications. It could mean that people that do not have a recognized qualification might no longer be able to work in the Industry.
You will also Learn Hair Styling, Hair Extensions, Spray Tanning and Nails
- Whether you are planning to work with makeup only or would like to increase your earning potential as an addition to a makeup artistry career, the extra modules will allow you to enter lucrative Industries and give you the skills you require to achieve more.
- For less than the price some colleges charge for hobby (non-qualified ) makeup courses, you will gain an Internationally Recognised Makeup Qualification studying with our Award winning Institute
- You will complete your programme of study able to work with makeup, nails and hair extensions.
- We will also give you a letter of reference from the companies you work withduring your work experience arranged by the college.
You will Study 2 days per Week so you can Work and Invest in your Future
Here at the MKF Institute, we make it easier for you to finance your studies. By studying two days per week you have the rest of the week to work and create an income for yourself. We also facilitate easy pay instalments.
- Course Attendance: Mondays & Tuesdays 10:00 - 16:00 from end of September to end of June.
- ITEC Level 3 (equivalent to FETAC level 6) Fashion, Theatre and Media Makeup Diploma. The highest Makeup qualification awarded by ITEC
- MKF Institute Hair Extensions & Hair Styling Certificate
- MKF Institute Beauty Competence Certificate
- Course fee: €5,549.00. Pay only for Makeup & Brush kits today. Start paying for your course fee from next month via standing order instalments: €369.94 for 15 months starting Oct'2015 ending dec '2016
Become a Makeup Expert...
Hair extensions & Hair Styling Module
Note: Students must bring their own hair styling equipment such as hairdryer and GHD/curler for hair classes. Models pay for their own hair. Models can be sourced by the student or by the college
- Micro Beads Hair Extension including: Hair types, Client consultation, Hygiene, Colour match, Application techniques, Maintenance, After care, Blending, cutting and styling of the hair extensions, Removing of the hair extensions, adding volume and length, costumer care
- Hair Styling
Beauty Competence Module
- Manicure & Nail Art
- Brows shaping
- Spray tanning
Makeup Artistry Syllabus
- Beauty therapy: beauty routine, double cleanse, the Skin, muscles of the face, neck and shoulders, contraindications, skin diseases and disorders, skin types and condition
- Basic makeup techniques: pre-base, base, blending, countouring, highlighting
- Corrective make-up
- Eye makeup including smokey eyes
- Glossy looks
- False eye lashes
- Make up for mature skin
- Special occasion makeup
- Professional day looks
- Airbrushing makeup
- Photographic makeup basics
- Fashion makeup basics
- Character makeup for stage
- Stage make-up basics
- Glossy makeup for photography
- Portfolio preparation
- High fashion makeup
- High fashion bridal looks
- Light and colour theory
- Period and historical makeup
- Ethnic makeup - Geisha, Arabic, Indian
- Makeup for different era (1920s-1990s)
- Avant guarde makeup
- Fantasy Make-up
- Black white and colour photography makeup
- Media and Special Effects makeup
- Character make-up using special effects
- TV/Media Continuity and coordination with wardrobe and prop departments
- Special effects Ageing using latex
- using components and prosthetic pieces
- Bald caps
- Mounting work
- Working with wigs
- Working with crepe hair
- Creating Bruises, cuts, burns, scars and bullet holes
- Re-creating skin disease and disorders
- Frost , casualty and death effect
- Make up for television and media
- Face and body painting
- Red/dark lips
- Bridal make-up
- Makeup hygiene
- Face charts and mood boards
- Customer care
Join the Makeup Artistry Industry - your dream career is within your reach
Your kits - Your tools
The kits you will require (you will only pay for this today to reserve your place):
- Makeup Kit from the Makeup Atelier €360
- Professional Make-up brushes €140
Others costs (to be paid to the college at week 10 of your course):
- Special Effects kit €250
- Professional Portfolio Photo shoot (35 looks) €450
- ITEC Examination €250
Your chance to start a Career in the Makeup Industry
I want to Reserve my Place Today paying only for my kits €500
Have a Query? Contact us to request a Brochure, a call back or to sit in a class...
If you would like expert advise in regards to the course that best suits your career goals please fill in the details below and submit it to us
Visit the college
- You can also request to visit the college to talk to an expert or to sit in a class.Sitting in a class is highly recommended as it gives you a chance to see the course in action, talk to the ITEC course tutor and to our current students.Just let us know if you would like to visit the MKF Institute and we will arrange the appointment with you
Studying with the MKF Institute means having everything you need arranged for you, including having your portfolio photo shoot carried by our professional photo studio, buying your kits from the college and availing of work experienced arranged by the college.
Take the first step towards your dream career - Contact us today
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner