Get Your Career as an International Makeup Artist Started - Take the first step today. Register for this makeup artist course with the award winning MKF Institute. Places limited to 15 students per class. Limited availability. Some of the reasons to study with us:
- Gain an Internationally recognised qualification
- You will study with the best - We are an award winning Institute
- We will offer you all of the support you will require to undertake your studies as well as create the opportunities for you to become a success story
- Our Institute offers high success rate in relation to ITEC exams. Our students achieve mostly merits (higher than pass). We have also achieved the elusive ITEC distinction
- You can count on tutoring excellence
- We offer you small class sizes
- We have a fully equipped make up training room and tuition classrooms to ensure you make the most of your time with us
- We offer Work experience to all students. Previous students have completed work experience in magazines such as: Stellar Magazine, Women’s Way, the Sunday Business Post just to name a few, as well as with RTE, TV3, City Channel, Movieextras.ie and many more high profile assignments
- Possibility of attaining paid for work experience teaching non-professional workshops with us in the Summer
- You will complete your course with a stunning Portfolio. We have a professional photo studio in the premises and an Internationally Published Photographer to work with our students
Your Makeup Artistry Programme
Qualification: TEC Level 3 (equivalent to FETAC level 6) Fashion, Theatre and Media Makeup Diploma. The highest Makeup qualification awarded by ITEC
The highest Makeup Qualification Awarded by ITEC: Creativity within a structured environment
We believe a makeup classroom is a hub of creative minds but it must also offer students the structured delivered of set syllabus and real exams that show potential employers your worth. For that reason we only offer real makeup qualifications, awarded by the International Awarding Body ITEC. So what is ITEC? ITEC stands for International Therapy Examination Council and have been in existence since 1947.
ITEC is an examination body, registered with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA), and their qualifications are recognised internationally. The benefits of having an ITEC qualification are numerous. First of all, the qualification is recognised not just in Ireland but in 36 countries in all. Further, if the global regulation trend provides a good indicator, we expect the beauty and makeup Industry in Ireland to become regulated in the near future. This will enforce licensing of professionals and the requirement for awarded qualifications. It could mean that people that do not have a recognized qualification might no longer be able to work in the Industry.
Reserve your place today and receive a FREE set of blending brushes
Your tools are invaluable. You will buy your kits but how about receiving a fREE set of high quality blending brushes?
The set is yours totally free if you register for the course today. This is a limited offer, when the FREE sets are gone, they are gone.
The set is worth €80.
Please note: colour might be different to the one shown.
You will learn all you need to know to become a Top International Makeup Artist
Special Effects Makeup
Some more looks created by our previous students...
Makeup Artistry Programme Syllabus:
- Beauty therapy: beauty routine, double cleanse, the Skin, muscles of the face, neck and shoulders, contraindications, skin diseases and disorders, skin types and condition
- Basic makeup techniques: pre-base, base, blending, countouring, highlighting
- Corrective make-up
- Eye makeup including smokey eyes
- Glossy looks
- False eye lashes
- Make up for mature skin
- Special occasion makeup
- Professional day looks
- Airbrushing makeup
- Photographic makeup basics
- Fashion makeup basics
- Character makeup for stage
- Stage make-up basics
- Glossy makeup for photography
- Portfolio preparation
- High fashion makeup
- High fashion bridal looks
- Light and colour theory
- Period and historical makeup
- Ethnic makeup - Geisha, Arabic, Indian
- Makeup for different era (1920s-1990s)
- Avant guarde makeup
- Fantasy Make-up
- Black white and colour photography makeup
- Media and Special Effects makeup
- Character make-up using special effects
- TV/Media Continuity and coordination with wardrobe and prop departments
- Special effects Ageing using latex
- using components and prosthetic pieces
- Bald caps
- Mounting work
- Working with wigs
- Working with crepe hair
- Creating Bruises, cuts, burns, scars and bullet holes
- Re-creating skin disease and disorders
- Frost , casualty and death effect
- Make up for television and media
- Face and body painting
- Red/dark lips
- Bridal make-up
- Makeup hygiene
- Face charts and mood boards
- Customer care
Become a Top Makeup Artist - your dream career is within your reach
Lorraine was a fantastic student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and never let an opportunity to pass her by.
Lorraine has since started a very successful career in the makeup Industry, working on Miss University 2012 and 2013, numerous fashion shows as well as having her work published in some top papers and magazines. She has also been honored to have worked on a TV ad campaign and in theatre in Dublin. Lorraine also work with photographic makeup for photo shoots and teaches workshops.
We believe Lorraine is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist.
To view more samples of Lorraine's work please click here to visit Lorraine's Facebook page
Jessica was a great student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and grabbed opportunities.
During her portfolio work, Jessica worked with the Fashion photographer arranged by the college - Kip Carroll, whom was impressed by her work. The big image at the top of this page is in fact one of Jessica's portfolio images, taken by Kip Carroll.
With her ambition and dedication Jessica was bound to achieve success. She has since established a name in the makeup Industry and works for MAC Cosmetics.
We think Jessica is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist.
Get Results! Our aim is to help you achieve yours...
Spread your course fees
Easy standing order instalment options available so you can spread the course fee
Your Portfolio Photo Shoot
You will work with our Internationally published photographer in May and June to complete your portfolio.
Your Graduation Event
We host a graduation event to showcase your work
Paid work experience
We will give you the chance to apply for paid work experience, teaching makeup during the summer
Your kits - Your tools
The kits you will require (you purchase from the college before you start your course):
- Makeup Kit from the Makeup Atelier €360
- Professional Make-up brushes €140
Others costs (to be paid to the college at week 10 of your course):
- Special Effects kit €250
- Professional Portfolio Photo shoot (35 looks) €450
- ITEC Examination €250
Take the first Step today, Reserve your place for October
- Evenings - Course starts last Tuesday of October and ends last Tuesday in July
Course content: Makeup Artistry.
Course Fee: €3,800, payable in full or via monthly standing order instalments as follows: Registration €800 + 10 monthly standing order instalments of €300
Talk to Our Experts. Request a call back or to sit in a class...
If you would like expert advise in regards to the course that best suits your career goals please fill in the details below and submit it to us. We will also send you a brochure
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner