Start Your Course in October 2016 - Reserve your place now paying only €100! and receive a FREE set of makeup brushes
This course covers the full spectrum of make up artistry, starting from the basics and progressing to more advanced techniques. The course will qualify you as a make-up artist able to work within any area of the make-up Industry.
Other costs you will incur:
The course fee covers tuition fees only. You will require kits and the other items listed below.
The kits and tunic you will require:
- Makeup Kit from the Makeup Atelier €380
- Professional Make-up brushes
€140You will receive this FREE
- Beauty Therapy Tunic: €45
To be paid to the college at week 10 of your course:
- Special Effects kit €280
- Professional Portfolio Photo shoot (35 looks) €450
- ITEC Examination €250
- Beauty therapy: beauty routine, double cleanse, the Skin, muscles of the face, neck and shoulders, contraindications, skin diseases and disorders, skin types and condition
- Basic makeup techniques: pre-base, base, blending, countouring, highlighting
- Corrective make-up
- Eye makeup including smokey eyes
- Glossy looks
- False eye lashes
- Make up for mature skin
- Special occasion makeup
- Professional day looks
- Airbrushing makeup
- Photographic makeup basics
- Fashion makeup basics
- Character makeup for stage
- Stage make-up basics
- Glossy makeup for photography
- Portfolio preparation
- High fashion makeup
- High fashion bridal looks
- Light and colour theory
- Period and historical makeup
- Ethnic makeup - Geisha, Arabic, Indian
- Makeup for different era (1920s-1990s)
- Avant guarde makeup
- Fantasy Make-up
- Black white and colour photography makeup
- Media and Special Effects makeup
- Character make-up using special effects
- TV/Media Continuity and coordination with wardrobe and prop departments
- Special effects Ageing using latex
- using components and prosthetic pieces
- Bald caps
- Mounting work
- Working with wigs
- Working with crepe hair
- Creating Bruises, cuts, burns, scars and bullet holes
- Re-creating skin disease and disorders
- Frost , casualty and death effect
- Make up for television and media
- Face and body painting
- Red/dark lips
- Bridal make-up
- Makeup hygiene
- Face charts and mood boards
- Customer care
Jessica was a great student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and grabbed opportunities.
During her portfolio work, Jessica worked with the Fashion photographer arranged by the college - Kip Carroll, whom was impressed by her work. The big image at the top of this page is in fact one of Jessica's portfolio images, taken by Kip Carroll.
With her ambition and dedication Jessica was bound to achieve success. She has since established a name in the makeup Industry and works for MAC Cosmetics.
We think Jessica is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist.
Course Schedule & Fees
Attendance: Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday - 19:00-22:00
Term: 25th October 2016 – 25th July 2017
Makeup Qualification: ITEC Level 3 Fashion, Theatre and Media Makeup Diploma. The highest makeup qualification awarded by ITEC
Portfolio work: Starts in May and continues for 8 consecutive days (Saturdays 10:00-15:00)
ITEC Examination: Always in August - Note you cannot sit exams at any other date other than the booked August dates
- Theory: Last Thursday of August 6-9pm
- Practical: Last Friday of August - 11:00 start.
Course Fee: €3,800. Payable in full or via monthly standing order instalments as follows: Registration
€800 you pay only €100 non-refundable deposit to secure your place until the offer expires. You pay the rest of your course fees via 10 monthly standing order payments of only €370 (starting in October). Spreading the cost of attaining your qualification into manageable monthly values.
Maximum Number of Students per Class: 15
Enrol today and Receive this set of makeup brushes totally FREE
Become a Top Makeup Artist - your dream career is within your reach
Become a success story
All of the success stories shown on our site comes from students that had a career plan, a dream and were willing to make their dream come true.
You might have met some of previous students in make-up counters, seen them on TV or admired their work in magazines.
What they had in common was passion. The drive and ambition to succeed in the field.
They are the ones that embrace opportunities and work hard to attain the credits, the experience and to network within the Industry. They show their skills and professionalism every time.
They are the ones that don't just arrive not on time, they arrive early and they are arrive prepared.
In the journey to becoming a top makeup artist, you might find that talent plays no part because make-up is a skill that can be acquired, learnt.
The reality of any Industry is that consistency and professionalism is what is required in order to achieve success.
If you share their vision, you can be certain that as one of our students we will do everything in our power to help you achieve your goals.
Secure your place before the offer is gone
Please note deposits and course fees are not refundable. Check our Refund Policy for more information.
You can also enrol by calling us on 0818 332 121 or by popping to the MKF Institute - 36 Dame Street, Dublin 2 (opposite the Central Bank).
Once we have received your payment we will e-mail you the registration forms to allow you to complete the enrolment process.
Your Professional Portfolio Photo shoot: work with our In-house Studio and Internationally Published Photographer
You not just learn how to work with a professional photographer but also complete a stunning portfolio at the end of your course. Your creativity is encouraged as you design your portfolio looks during your studies. You then create your designs during your portfolio day.
Your portfolio day is invaluable for two reasons:
- The real life experience of working with a studio and photographer reinforces your in-class tuition and assists you post-graduation, when you are working in the Industry
- You complete your course with high quality images to show potential employers and to create your online presence as a makeup artist.
Request a Brochure, a call back or to sit in a class...
Visit the college
- You can also request to visit the college to talk to an expert or to sit in a class.Sitting in a class is highly recommended as it gives you a chance to see the course in action, talk to the ITEC course tutor and to our current students.Just let us know if you would like to visit the MKF Institute and we will arrange the appointment with you
Studying with the MKF Institute means having everything you need arranged for you, including having your portfolio photo shoot carried by our professional photo studio, buying your kits from the college and availing of work experienced arranged by the college.Take the first step towards your dream career - Contact us today
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner