Makeup Course - Evening attendance. Leads to the Highest ITEC Makeup Qualification
Work experience and everything you need to get started is included!
- Gain a Real Internationally Recognised Qualification
- Pay your Course Fees via Instalments
- Learn from a Highly Experienced ITEC Lecturer
- You will Get more out of your course via the small class sizes we offer
- You will finish your course with Work experience and a CV
- You will be given the chance of attaining work experience teaching non-professional workshops with us in the Summer
- You also complete your course with a stunning Portfolio, all arranged by the college
Get Results - Start your Successful Career with the MKF Institute
Achieve your Goals...
Lorraine was a fantastic student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and never let an opportunity to pass her by.
Lorraine has since started a very successful career in the makeup Industry, working on Miss University 2012 and 2013, numerous fashion shows as well as having her work published in some top papers and magazines. She has also been honored to have worked on a TV ad campaign and in theatre in Dublin. Lorraine also work with photographic makeup for photo shoots and teaches workshops.
We believe Lorraine is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist. To view more samples of Lorraine's work please click here to visit Lorraine's Facebook page
Dare to Dream...
Jessica was a great student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and grabbed opportunities.
During her portfolio work, Jessica worked with the Fashion photographer arranged by the college - Kip Carroll, whom was impressed by her work. The big image at the top of this page is in fact one of Jessica's portfolio images, taken by Kip Carroll.
With her ambition and dedication Jessica was bound to achieve success. She has since established a name in the makeup Industry and works for MAC Cosmetics.
It was a pleasure sharing Jessica's journey as she gained her qualification with us.
You will Gain The Highest Makeup Qualification Awarded by ITEC: Creativity within a structured environment
We believe a makeup classroom is a hub of creative minds but it must also offer students the structured delivered of set syllabus and exams. For that reason we only offer real makeup qualifications, awarded by the International Awarding Body ITEC. So what is ITEC? ITEC stands for International Therapy Examination Council and have been in existence since 1947.
ITEC is an examination body, registered with the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA), and their qualifications are recognised internationally. The benefits of having an ITEC qualification are numerous. First of all, the qualification is recognised not just in Ireland but in 36 countries in all. Further, if the global regulation trend provides a good indicator, we expect the beauty and makeup Industry in Ireland to become regulated in the near future. This will enforce licensing of professionals and the requirement for awarded qualifications. It could mean that people that do not have a recognized qualification might no longer be able to work in the Industry.
You will be a Makeup Expert by the end of your course, Ready to Earn a Living as a Makeup Artist
- Work on music videos
- Fashion shows
- Personal makeup artist to a celebrity
- Special Effects Makeup for film, TV or stage
- Beauty counter work
- Modelling agencies
- Teaching makeup
- You could even start your own makeup brand!
Course Content & Schedule
- Course Attendance: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 19:00 - 22:00 from October to May (summer is for work experience).
- Portfolio work is carried out over 8 Saturdays in May and June
- The ITEC Examination is always at the end of August
- Qualification: ITEC Level 3 (equivalent to FETAC level 6) Fashion, Theatre and Media Makeup Diploma
- Course fee:
€3,800on offer at the moment €2,800. The Registration fee is €800 (included in full fee)
- The reminder of the course fee will be paid via 6 monthly standing order instalments of €334 (Starting in October)
- Beauty therapy: beauty routine, double cleanse, the Skin, muscles of the face, neck and shoulders, contraindications, skin diseases and disorders, skin types and condition
- Basic makeup techniques: pre-base, base, blending, countouring, highlighting
- Corrective make-up
- Eye makeup including smokey eyes
- Glossy looks
- False eye lashes
- Make up for mature skin
- Special occasion makeup
- Professional day looks
- Airbrushing makeup
- Photographic makeup basics
- Fashion makeup basics
- Character makeup for stage
- Stage make-up basics
- Glossy makeup for photography
- Portfolio preparation
- High fashion makeup
- High fashion bridal looks
- Light and colour theory
- Period and historical makeup
- Ethnic makeup - Geisha, Arabic, Indian
- Makeup for different era (1920s-1990s)
- Avant guarde makeup
- Fantasy Make-up
- Black white and colour photography makeup
- Media and Special Effects makeup
- Character make-up using special effects
- TV/Media Continuity and coordination with wardrobe and prop departments
- Special effects Ageing using latex
- using components and prosthetic pieces
- Bald caps
- Mounting work
- Working with wigs
- Working with crepe hair
- Creating Bruises, cuts, burns, scars and bullet holes
- Re-creating skin disease and disorders
- Frost , casualty and death effect
- Make up for television and media
- Face and body painting
- Red/dark lips
- Bridal make-up
- Makeup hygiene
- Face charts and mood boards
- Customer care
Get started - your dream career is within your reach
Your kits - Your tools
The kits you will require (you purchase from the college before you start your course):
- Makeup Kit from Inglot €280
- Professional Make-up Brushes €180
- Beauty Therapy Tunic: €45
To be paid to the college at week 5 of your course:
- Special Effects kit €280
- ITEC Examination €250
To be paid to the college at week 10 of your course:
- Professional 35 looks Portfolio Photo Shoot €450
Your chance to start a Career in the Makeup Industry
Have a Query? Contact us to request a Brochure, a call back or to sit in a class...
If you would like expert advise in regards to the course that best suits your career goals please fill in the details below and submit it to us
Visit the college
- You can also request to visit the college to talk to an expert or to sit in a class.Sitting in a class is highly recommended as it gives you a chance to see the course in action, talk to the ITEC course tutor and to our current students.Just let us know if you would like to visit the MKF Institute and we will arrange the appointment with you
Studying with the MKF Institute means having everything you need arranged for you, including having your portfolio photo shoot carried by our professional photo studio, buying your kits from the college and availing of work experienced arranged by the college.
Take the first step towards your dream career - Contact us today
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner