The kits you will require (you purchase from the college before you start your course):
- Makeup Kit from the Makeup Atelier €360
- Professional Make-up brushes €140
Please note: students work with each other's kits and must have the same kits fro this course. Unless you have exactly the same kits listed above you will require to purchase the kits from the college even if you already have other kits/products.
Others costs (to be paid to the college at week 10 of your course):
- Special Effects kit €250
- Professional Portfolio Photo shoot (35 looks) €450
- ITEC Examination €250
Jessica was a great student, very dedicated to her studies and always very helpful and interested. She always got involved, committed a great deal to the course and grabbed opportunities.
During her portfolio work, Jessica worked with the Fashion photographer arranged by the college - Kip Carroll, whom was impressed by her work. The big image at the top of this page is in fact one of Jessica's portfolio images, taken by Kip Carroll.
With her ambition and dedication Jessica was bound to achieve success. She has since established a name in the makeup Industry and works for MAC Cosmetics.
We think Jessica is an inspiration for anybody that dream of becoming a makeup artist.
- Recap Basic makeup techniques: pre-base, base, blending, countouring, highlighting
- Corrective make-up
- Eye makeup including smokey eyes
- Glossy looks
- False eye lashes
- Make up for mature skin
- Special occasion makeup
- Professional day looks
- Airbrushing makeup
- Photographic makeup basics
- Fashion makeup basics
- Character makeup for stage
- Stage make-up basics
- Glossy makeup for photography
- Portfolio preparation
- High fashion makeup
- High fashion bridal looks
- Light and colour theory
- Period and historical makeup
- Ethnic makeup - Geisha, Arabic, Indian
- Makeup for different era (1920s-1990s)
- Avant guarde makeup
- Fantasy Make-up
- Black white and colour photography makeup
- Media and Special Effects makeup
- Character make-up using special effects
- TV/Media Continuity and coordination with wardrobe and prop departments
- Special effects Ageing using latex
- using components and prosthetic pieces
- Bald caps
- Mounting work
- Working with wigs
- Working with crepe hair
- Creating Bruises, cuts, burns, scars and bullet holes
- Re-creating skin disease and disorders
- Frost , casualty and death effect
- Make up for television and media
- Face and body painting
- Red/dark lips
- Bridal make-up
- Makeup hygiene
- Face charts and mood boards
- Customer care
Entry Requirements: This course is not suitable for beginners. Students must have completed the ITEC certificate in Makeup or equivalent
Attendance: 2 evenings per week (Wednesdays and Thursdays) 19:00-22:00 for 40 weeks
Qualification: ITEC Level 3 (equivalent to FETAC level 6) Fashion, Theatre and Media Makeup Diploma
Full course Fee: €2,800, payable in full or via monthly standing order instalments as follows: Registration €800 + 8 monthly standing order instalments of €250
Your chance to Network & meet more students
Become a Top Makeup Artist - your dream career is within your reach
Your kits - Your tools
We order the kits for students so they can buy it directly from us. Better yet, you receive a student discount.
Make up Atelier Kit Student Price €360. Professional Brush set student price €140.
You will need your brush set and make up kit from the start of your course. You can order your special effects kit up until November of the year you start your course.
Become a success story
All of the success stories shown on our site comes from students that had a career plan, a dream and were willing to make their dream come true.
You might have met some of previous students in make-up counters, seen them on TV or admired their work in magazines.
What they had in common was passion. The drive and ambition to succeed in the field.
They are the ones that embrace opportunities and work hard to attain the credits, the experience and to network within the Industry. They show their skills and professionalism every time.
They are the ones that don't just arrive not on time, they arrive early and they are arrive prepared.
In the journey to becoming a top makeup artist, you might find that talent plays no part because make-up is a skill that can be acquired, learnt.
The reality of any Industry is that consistency and professionalism is what is required in order to achieve success.
If you share their vision, you can be certain that as one of our students we will do everything in our power to help you achieve your goals.
Enrol for the course
Your Professional Portfolio Photo shoot: work with our Commercial Studio and Internationally Published Photographer
You not just learn how to work with a professional photographer but also complete a stunning portfolio at the end of your course. Your creativity is encouraged as you design your portfolio looks during your studies. You then create your designs during your portfolio day.
Your portfolio day is invaluable for two reasons:
- The real life experience of working with a commercial studio and photographer reinforces your in-class tuition and assists you post-graduation, when you are working in the Industry
- You complete your course with high quality images to show potential employers and to create your online presence as a makeup artist.
Request a Brochure, a call back or to sit in a class...
Visit the college
- You can also request to visit the college to talk to an expert or to sit in a class.Sitting in a class is highly recommended as it gives you a chance to see the course in action, talk to the ITEC course tutor and to our current students.Just let us know if you would like to visit the MKF Institute and we will arrange the appointment with you
Studying with the MKF Institute means having everything you need arranged for you, including having your portfolio photo shoot carried by our professional photo studio, buying your kits from the college and availing of work experienced arranged by the college.Take the first step towards your dream career - Contact us today
Awards & Registrations
Best ITEC College Winner